Saturday 1 June 2013

My Everyday Makeup Routine

Today I'm going to do a step-by-step routine of everything I wear on a daily basis. I wear a substantial amount but not too much and I have bought all of the products myself or they were a gift. I will let you know where they were all from and prices! *Sorry for the bad photo quality!

So I start off by tying back my hair to get it out of the way. I then use the Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation (£24.50) with a Real Techniques foundation brush. This brush was part of the core collection from Real Techniques.
I put a few pumps onto my hand and use my fingers to distribute the foundation around my face. I then use the brush to blend it all over my face, making sure I get right into my hairline and jawline to prevent any harsh lines where my foundation ends. This foundation gives a light coverage and doesn't really last all day so I will be investing in a higher coverage foundation soon! However, it gives a natural finish which I like and doesn't feel heavy or cakey.

I then apply my Rimmel Stay Matte Power (£3.99) with a Real Techniques (also part of the core collection) buffing brush to set my foundation. I only use a small amount and concentrate on putting it on the oily areas of my face (forehead, nose, chin) and then dust off the excess on my cheeks.


I then use the Benefit Lemonaid (£16.50) which is an eyelid primer that is colour-correcting. I use it under my eyelids to help my dark circles and on my eyelids to even them out before I apply eyeshadow. If I have any other red areas of my face (often around the nose and chin), I also use this product as it lasts all day.




 I then move onto eyes. I start off with the Dainty Doll eyeshadow in 'Are You Experienced' (£11.25), which is a gorgeous matte brown. I apply this with a normal eyeshadow brush.





I then use my Avon 8 in 1 neutrals palette which has a wide range of light to dark neutrals and is perfect for everyday use. I take the 2 shades on the right which are the darkest and blend them into the Dainty Doll shadow. The Avon shades are shiny so they add a nice contrast.

 Then I use the Benefit Badgal mascara which was £16.50. This mascara is in the shade 'black' and is fantastic at providing thick, non-clumpy lashes. I usually apply 2 coats, waiting a couple of minutes between each application.

 Next I take my MUA bronzer in 'Shade 1', which has a slight shimmer to that I'm not all that keen on, but it was only £1 so who can complain?! I use the Real Techniques contour brush to contour my cheekbones and use the brush to properly blend to prevent harsh lines.



Next, I use the same contour brush for blusher because I currently don't own a blusher brush! I use the Models Own blusher in the shade 'Warm Glow' which was £6 from Boots. I apply this to the apples of my cheeks and sweep up my cheekbones with the excess. I don't usually apply much blusher because I am naturally very red.

Then I take my Collection lipstick in the shade 'Plum Perfection' and apply that over my lips which have been previously buffed using the Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub (£5). This lipstick was a snip at £2.99 and I got it in the 3 for 2 offer at Boots a while ago. It adds a really nice sheen and stays put for ages! Depending on the days, I will mix up my lipstick!

So here is the finished look, this is my everyday makeup! If it looks like I have a lazy eye, I promise I don't!

Rachel Louise xo





No comments: